Monday, March 31, 2014

Pasta Carbonara

This has become one of our favorite recipes.  Both of my kids will eat it, it's simple enough that I really don't mind making it and my husband eats until there is nothing left in the pot.  I consider that a win!

Pasta Carbonara

4 Eggs
1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
2/3 Cup parm
Dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 lb bacon fried and crumbled*
1/2 lb pasta
Cooked peas - to taste

*On super lazy days (which are most days) I use pre cooked bacon, microwave it and rip it up

Boil water and cook pasta according to directions.  Drain
While pasta is cooking add first six ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth. 
Prepare bacon and peas and set aside.
While the pasta is still warm pour mixture over the top of it.  Add bacon and peas,stir over low heat until heated through.

That's it.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

sarahbjolley said...

mmmm sounds yummy! I'm going to have to try this....when I finally get around to cooking again! haha