Haven't read The Story Of Us [Part 1]? Look here. I'll wait.
This is the story between the day of our engagement and the day of the wedding. It's not pretty, it's certainly not romantic and it makes me look like a horrible person. Please don't unfollow me after you read this, I promise The Story Of Us [Part 3] is a whole lot better.
Soon after we were engaged everything started changing. The school year ended and it was the first year
in a long time that I had really enjoyed myself. I had done well in school, I had a good social
life, I met amazing people and I was moving on from a lot of the crap I had
been through in the previous years. I was leaving all that behind, and I was sad.
First, I
moved back home to live with my Mom while we planned the wedding. Home was an hour and a half away from Davin’s
home so he followed me and moved in with his sister. I was grateful to have him close but when he
left all of his friends and most of his family I became all he had. I felt a lot of pressure. Looking back I see that I was being selfish,
but that doesn't change how I was feeling at the time.
We went through the stress of
finding him a new job, and then another job when that one didn't work out…and
then one more when he was miserable at the second job. We had to find a place for us to live. A place we could afford to live that is. It wasn't easy and I stressed about it almost
constantly. We finally found a place
about a month before we got married and Davin moved in alone. He was lonely and spent most of his time at my
house.
In the middle of all of this Davin
and I both had surgery. Actually, I had
two surgeries. Turns out I don’t do well
with anesthetics and I was down for days both times. One of the surgeries was on my right wrist and
my right hand was useless for a long time. Talk about annoying.
the day we both had surgery. may 2008
To make matters worse I got hit by
a nice, big wave of depression. I've dealt with some pretty severe depression on and off in my life and this summer
it was full swing. I didn't deal well
with everything that was going on and I regret the way I treated Davin. I was sulky and mean and never understanding
of him.
A miracle: Davin not leaving me that summer. We’d known each other less than six months
when we got married and in that six months he took a whole lot of crap. He stuck around a fiancé that didn’t
appreciate him, jobs he hated and a lot of loneliness.
I asked him why he stuck around.
His answer? “I have no idea.”
Then he thought for a minute and
added: “I knew that wasn't you. I knew
you were the person I had met and fallen in love with.”
I also give much credit to my
mother, who loves Davin and can be very persuasive. Thanks Mom.
Thank you for my husband.
Tomorrow is our fourth anniversary. I can honestly say I am more in love with my husband today than ever before. He works so hard for us and he loves Ava and I unconditionally. Soon, we'll have one more to spoil and I can't wait to see him be a Daddy to an infant again. So thank YOU Davin, for marrying the grouchiest fiance on the planet and having faith that I would come back to my normal self again.


1 comment:
Awww. We're awfully glad he stuck around
Post a Comment