Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bookshelf Needed

I am serious need of a bookshelf.  I'm a major bookworm and I've never owned one.  Weird.
Here are where (some of) my books currently reside:  
(Enjoy the pictures taken from my stupid phone.  I also need a camera.)

 See the box on the right?  Full of books.  Then note the books hanging out on the floor.

 This ugly piece of "furniture" that I am dying to get rid of or hide in a closet is also full of books.  And a couple of VHS tapes?  Random...

Two wooden crates...full of books.  Including our high school year books!  Sometime I'll have to post the beautiful pictures out of those!

I also have a LARGE box crammed with books and at least one more little one in storage.  I'd really like easy access to all of them.

So friends; where do I get a bookshelf for a very, very, very good price?  I'd like one that will hold up for more than a year, but I don't have money to spend on anything too nice!  Someday...

4 comments:

sarahbjolley said...

We got a pretty cheap one at Ikea. We've had it for 2 1/2 years and it's holding up with no problem. In fact, it still looks brand new!

The Pienezzas said...

Ksl? Or yard sales! Ill keep my eyes out for one!

DSR said...

Ikea, if you live near one is great. Otherwise see if there are resale shops or flea markets in your area. You can always repaint something for very cheap to give it the facelift it needs! GOOD LUCK.

k said...

I agree with Ikea. I got mine there (I have two of them now) and I LOVE them. They're good quality, super sturdy, and they look slightly more expensive than they actually are.