Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Some Days

Some days I'm pretty awesome.

Some days I get four loads of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away.  I do this while bathing, dressing and feeding my kids healthy meals I prepared myself.  On these days the floor gets swept and the living room gets picked up and the dishes in the dishwasher get unloaded/loaded.

Some days I make sure my husband has food to take to work and clean clothes to wear.  Some days I call him to see how his day is going.  Some days we are a happy Mom/kids trio when he comes home from work.

Some days I don't do jack.

Some days I binge read my favorite blogs all day or catch up on my youtube subscriptions.  Some days I take a nap when the one year old is sleeping instead of being productive.  Some days I feed my kids pizza hut while they have Disney Jr marathons.  Some days I don't shower, bathe the kids or get any of us dressed.

Some days my husband comes home to a mess and tears and frustration.  Some days I don't give him the attention he deserves.

So, I'm like everyone else right?  We all have our good days and bad days.  To be honest I have a hard time picturing some of my friends/acquaintances having bad days.  You know the kind I'm talking about.  The Mom's who always have their hair curled, whose kids are always dressed well with clean faces.  The Mom's who keep their houses clean at all times.

I wish.  I was going to be that kind of Mom, before I had kids.  
hahahahahahahahahahhahaha.  right.

Here is where I need to change:

On my awesome days I don't give myself any credit.  In fact I usually end up apologizing to my kids and/or husband for not getting that one last thing done.  I go to bed annoyed with myself for some reason or other.  I'm never happy with the work I've done that day.

On my crap days I beat myself up good.  I am sure to remind myself that so and so is doing it all better than me.  I give myself grief for spending money on pizza.  If I dare look in a mirror as I pass it by I get on myself about how much weight I need to lose or how I should do my hair down more often or something else...always something.

I need to remember to be nicer to myself.  To let myself have a bad day every now and then, but not too often.  I need to be happy with myself when I work my butt off one day.  I need to accept my husbands compliments without rolling my eyes.

What do you do to treat yourself?

1 comment:

ash2areanna said...

I love this one Alli! I rarely have awesome days at home anymore, my work overtakes my personal life, I'm working on changing that, but it's hard. I remember wanting nothing more than to be a Stay-at-home mom, but I don't think I was cut out for that! You have my utmost respect!!!