Even the word is ugly.
Cancer.
Cancer has played an ugly part in my life. The first time it entered I was too young to truly recognize it as the monster it is.
I only saw the way it left my father. Weaker in body, but not in spirit. He fought and won and that's all I knew for sure. I was proud.
The second time it was darker. Uglier. The second time it won.
I'm still proud. My dad fought a hard fight and left us in the best situation he could manage. But it hurt.
I hate cancer. And I'm afraid. How do we deal with it if it returns? Can we face this again and come out with our heads raised high?
If we have to we will.
But do me a favor and pray that we don't have to meet it head on again.
We could use the voices.
**since I wrote this on December 23rd we learned that my Uncle's surgery went well. He may have cancer but if he does it's treatable. We're relieved.
1 comment:
I hate cancer. Both of my parents have cancer - my dad's is treatable and curable. My moms is treatable, but not curable. Everything about cancer is unfair.
I'm so sorry for your uncle -- I will send lots of prayers your way!
Post a Comment