We were scheduled to be at the hospital at 7:30 a.m. on the fourteenth.
I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and there were signs that labor was certainly coming.
I started having irregular contractions just after 6:15 a.m.
Got to the hospital at 7:30 and was dilated to a 4+! In labor!
Her Birth:
They broke my water and started pitocin between 9:00 and 9:30
Contractions started getting really strong. I would make Davin stand right by me and hold my hand through every one. He was awesome about it. I had to be reminded constantly to breathe through them, I guess I was holding my breath.
They asked me if I was ready for the epidural and I was like "just whenever".
Three minutes later I was wondering if I would die before Mr Epidural got there. This baby was coming fast!
After they got the epidural in the contractions in my back and abdomen started hurting much, much less...
but I was feeling a whole lot of painful pressure. A lot. Painful.
They checked me and the baby was right there! She was coming! My epidural hadn't done nearly as much as I wanted it to and I got scared. Started crying and telling Davin and my Mom I wasn't ready.
As soon as I started pushing I calmed down. I could feel much, much more than I had with my other two babies. Luckily it took a total of one contraction to get her out.
I may have yelled "Oh Shi-!!" Seriously, without the T. I mean, my Mom was right there. :)
At 10:58 a.m. they laid her on my chest. This is her immediately after birth:
With my other two kids they have whisked them away immediately to do tests and weight and length. I loved that this time they gave her right to me and let me cry all over her before they took her from me!
Getting vaccinated, weighed and measured.
7 lbs 4 oz
20 1/2 inches long
Her Name:
Sundae Ella
The first thing people always is ask when I tell them her name is
"Why?"
Okay, they don't ask why. But they do ask some nice version of the same question.
"How did you decide on Sundae?"
"Is there a reason you chose that name?"
"Where did you come up with that?"
Answer:
We liked it.
I wanted to call her Sunny and Davin wanted a name she could go by when she was older if she wanted something more serious. I agreed. Sunbeam and Sunshine didn't quite seem to fit the serious vibe, so Sundae was discussed. I fell in love with it right away, Davin came to terms with it. ;)
Ella is after my Mom, Pamela.
pamELA.
You see this, right? Good.
The Sister:
So far Ava is only slightly interested in Sunny. She doesn't mind her much. I was expecting much worse. When Davin goes back to work at the end of the week we'll see if that changes.
I spent two nights in the hospital without Davin and Ava and missed them like crazy.









6 comments:
Im so excited for you! Everytime i hear someone elses story it makes me think back on my own labors and when they put that slimy baby on your chest! I love it! Kids are so worth the pain, swollen feel, sickness, stretchmarks, late nights, dirty diapers, and the colic! I cant wait to meet her Alli! Her name is absolutely adorable! If you would have named her sunbeam i wouldnt be so sure... lol!
Loved reading this! Ella is one of my Fav girl names :)
Precious!!! Congrats on a healthy baby girl!
Oh I love her!! When can we come visit! I can leave Sky at home if needed. Can't wait!
Congratulations! I had been wondering if you had had your baby yet. Sounds like a great story and I hope those baby blues aren't getting the best of you. I had them this time, too. Constant crying. :( I'm glad it passed and I hope it has for you, too. ;)
awhh congrats! I LOVE LOVE her name!! Sundae!! I totally see you in her :)
Post a Comment