It's here! I got it all figured out and I'm so excited for you to be able to read it. Sarah and I went to high school together but we really didn't connect until the last couple years. She's amazing! After you read this post, head over to her blog and tell her Hi!
I’m so excited to be blogging here today with Alli! Alli’s perspective on life is so
inspirational and always renews my hope and courage when it’s lacking!
I’m Sarah Jolley – wife, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, and
infertile. I blog about my adventures
in all these various roles in my life over at Jolley Days
{www.dallinandsarahjolley.blogspot.com}
The condition that prevents my husband and I from conceiving
has been a part of my life since I was a teenager. Shortly after getting married I learned the
extent of my condition and the effects it would have on our ability to build
our family. We were told that our
possibility of conceiving naturally is close
to zero.
I’ll be the first to tell you that accepting your
infertility is hard. Like literally accepting the fact that many of your hopes
and dreams will not happen in the way you’ve envisioned them your entire
life. It’s gut wrenching hard. This
difficulty makes it all too easy to fall into a vicious cycle of anger,
self-pity, and envy. I’ll also be the
first to tell you that I’ve struggled with all of these. I’m not perfect, and I never claim to be.
But, three years into our journey of infertility I feel that
I’ve come a long way. Occasionally
(sometimes more than I’d like to admit), I still feel the anger, self-pity, and
envy sneak up on me. I often describe
the process of accepting infertility as a “1 step forward, 2 steps backward”
model. Some days I love to be around the
babies of my friends and family. I
accept the fact that we were sent to this earth with a different path set in
place for us to become parents.
Adoption. I’m so excited to one
day have the baby that was meant to be my child placed in my arms. That baby was just meant to come to me in a
different way than I had envisioned. But
it will be a beautiful entrance into this world and into our family. I’m excited to meet the courageous
birthmother that will trust me with the sacred calling of raising and providing
a loving life for their child. That’s 1
step forward.
Then, out of nowhere, my emotions sneak up on me and going
to a friend’s baby shower is just too much to bare. The pregnancy announcements on facebook are
too much to handle, so I close my computer.
I go to my room, climb in bed, and cry.
I beg my Heavenly Father to take away the pain of the inability to
create life, to take away the trial that my husband and I have to deal
with. And that’s 2 steps backward.
But, I’ll share with you one lesson that I’ve learned as I
keep taking 1 step forward and 2 steps backward. Even when I’ve just taken 2 steps backward, I
know that my forward steps will add up.
I know I’ll be OK. I know that someday
my husband and I will be parents. As
long as all of my steps aren’t backward, as long as I’m moving forward; even a
little bit, I’ll be OK.
Will there be anger, pain, and heart break along the way?
You betcha.
Will we be stronger, more appreciative and capable parents
than we ever thought?
You better believe it!
Infertility is a part of me.
It’s a part of my husband. It
will forever be a part of our marriage and our future family. But we will not let it define us as
people. We are fun, life-loving people
that are anxiously awaiting the arrival of a sweet baby into our family. Whether that be through a miracle baby that
we create together, or through the miracle of adoption, we will keep taking
those steps forward and backward to ready ourselves for that miraculous day.
Please head on over to our blog Jolley Days to learn more
about us and find links to our adoption blog.
We hope that you will help spread the word that we are hoping to adopt
by putting our buttons on your blogs – it will only take one person to connect
us to that sweet baby!



4 comments:
Great post Sarah! I think you are such a strong and incredible person!
I admire how honest and real you are, Sarah. You are amazing.
Thank you Les! Your support helps and means so much to me! you're fantastic!
Thanks sissy...you're kind of amazing too :)
Post a Comment