Monday, June 11, 2012

Guest Post by Sue!

Sue is my friend IRL and I love, love, love her blog.  She's currently living outside the country with her husband.  Read on to find out more and then go to her blog and tell her hello!

Hello to Alli's lovely readers! I'm Sue, the girl behind As It Seems, and I'm delighted to be visiting here today. Alli and I have been friends since middle school (I just realized that's half my life... wow I feel old) and I just love her. This is me and my lover, Aaron. Isn't he handsome? He's really funny, too. These were our engagement pictures so they're almost a year old but I never get to share them anymore so here you go. We're silly and goofy and don't take ourselves seriously. Life is a lot more fun that way.
When people ask me to guest post I have a rush of two emotions. There's the "oh how sweet that you love me enough to host me on your blog!" almost immediately followed by the "great, what on earth do I write about?" I know I can't be the only one who feels that way. And you see, I'm not a pro in anything. Sure, I love photography, graphic design, (eating) food, and fashion, but I'm no expert in any of them. Well, maybe eating food but that's not really something I want to brag about. Although now that I think of it, a few days ago I gave my lip a second degree burn, blister and all, while trying to eat some macaroni so maybe I'm not even an expert on eating. Live and learn, right?

Aaron and I live in Japan with our puppy Twink. Isn't Twinker adorbs? I'm kind of in love with him.
And yes, I have blue hair in that pic. I like color, what can I say? We love living in Japan. They have the most delicious food here (remember how I love food?) and I know that's what I'll miss most when we move. Luckily I have another 2 years to enjoy it before that's a problem. Of course there are days I would kill for a Cafe Rio Salad or an Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich, but when those days come I take a trip to one of the many delish places to eat here and it passes. 

Japan is wonderful though, everything is green and colorful and simply beautiful. These are two of my favorite pictures I've taken of Japan. They're both beach/ocean pics ironically but it makes sense since I'm a beach girl at heart. The first is a little place called Shipwreck Beach and even though you can't see them there are actual ships that are wrecked on the beach. Creative naming, right? The second pic is one I took of the sunrise at 4:30 am. It was such an exhilarating moment to stand there on the beach and photograph the sun saying hello to the world. I felt deep down how lucky I am to experience moments like that. 
I suppose when it comes down to labels, I'd tell you I'm a "lifestyle" blogger because I blog about my life & I include a little bit of everything. Like a quick makeover for your boring keyboard or an awesome way to show off your many Instagram pics (notice how both my DIY projects are pathetically easy? I suck at DIY). The only real recipe I've ever blogged was for Homemade Oreo Cookies and they are delish. Mostly though, I just write what I feel, both the good and the bad. I'm brutally honest with myself and my readers and I think that's what makes my blog so very "Sue" and not just another blog. I absolutely love making new bloggy friends and I'd love for you to stop by and say hello! 

xo Sue

1 comment:

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

Beautiful pictures of Japan! Making me want to visit : ) Other readers: check out Sue's blog! Right now!!